Anjali Rao

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Anjali Rao

This topic contains 243 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  FandaGeteKath 7 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 244 total)
  • Author

phaedrusuk
    Participant

So do we know which company / location Anjali might be leaving to join ?

Or is this just a scurrilous rumour started here ?

Mind you, I don’t blame her going as Sky News didn’t seem to have a permanent daytime slot for her in the re-organisation – although I did see her covering for someone on a daytime slot – one of three presenters on at the same time – which is far too many and unnecessary.

Cheers, P.

#18627 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Can you post any info. to the 18-page man Anjali thread please also ?

Or rename ths topic “Anjali Rao leaving ?”

Or close this thread and use the main one only ?! Can’t have multiple threads all with the same title!

The interview (posted in the other thread page 17) says she sees herself goign back to Hong Kong at some point as she feels most at home there… I hope that isn’t the cause of this leaving rumour ?

Ta, P.

#18628 Reply

Mick
    Participant

Going to CNN. Hong Kong. Don’t know why. Probably got fed-up being dicked about by SKY. I don’t blame her.

#18629 Reply

rob237
    Participant

Mick+Dec 19 2005, 11:00 PM–>(Mick @ Dec 19 2005, 11:00 PM)
    Probably got fed-up being dicked about by SKY………

Or the threat of being stalked by Forum droolers?

Cheers
    Robt P.

#18630 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Hi guys! I am a new visitor to this site and happened to stumble upon this Anjali Rao’s post. Then I caould not wait to share my experiences. Viewers of Star News Asia around 2000-2002, would must be remembering Anjali Rao. She was the FACE of Star News Asia for around two years. In fact, I think she began her career with Star News Asia. In the initial days, she used to fumble and could not read proeprly from the teleprompter. But as days went by, she improved and improved she what?? Could not believe that she was the same Anjali Rao. Anyways, her timing of news delivery with an impeccable accent certianly created a fan following for her among the viewers. At that time, she had black hair though.
    However, Star could not continue the program beause of poor viewership to this program and ultimately discontinued it.
    Since then was wondering, where she must have gone? And today when I came across this site, I realised that where else she would go than on a sister networkof Star, on Sky News!
    Unfortunatley, we viewers in India do not receive Sky News service on our tv, so we have to rely on this internet to keep up with what is happening on Sky News front.
    I can’t make sense that why a media giant which has news networks in every par tof the world can not launch a pan-Asian news channel, especially with resources such as that of Sky News at hand? Really sad!
    Anyways, keep it up guys!
    Goodnight from India….

#18631 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster
    #18632 Reply

dirkyt
    Participant
    #18633 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

classeyham+Dec 22 2005, 04:25 PM–>(classeyham @ Dec 22 2005, 04:25 PM)
    😮

Now now , be brave . We might still be able to see her on CNN. If CNN have any sense they’ll put her on and at a convenient time that us viewers in Europe can watch her.

Has she done her last shift at Sky yet ?

#18634 Reply

Musey
    Participant

will we be able to watch her in the uk though, is she on the main CNN news channel or the asian one? so many questions! lol

and with a bit of luck she’ll still be on once more on Sky, that would make my Christmas!

#18635 Reply

Liam
    Participant

All the best to Anjali whatever she is doing,a very Happy Christmas to her and hers,
    hopefully she will be still on Sky in 2006
    She mesmerises me with that smile and i just think she is stunningly beautiful.

#18636 Reply

Jason1970
    Participant

Anjali is moving to Hong Kong to do CNN Asia so will be working overnight our time.

I presume she will on Sky Channel 513.

All the best Anjali and wish u a merry christmas and new year

#18637 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Has anyone ever watched CNN news at night?I was channel hopping and found Anjali on CNN and looking as lovely as ever.Quite a strange set up they have on CNN,they have on presenter in the US and then Anjali in Hong Kong and they do alternate news stories.

#18638 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

Thats only because the male co-anchors are unavailable.
    Normally CNN Today (6am Hong Kong time, 9am Sydney time) is hosted by Hugh Riminton and Kristie Lu Stout, both in Hong Kong.

#18639 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Great to see she’s started already on CNN , i hope that Anjali has a longer slot on there and we in Europe get to see her for more than a couple of hours.

#18640 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I understand she’ll be moving to “World News Asia” which screens twice nightly on CNN Asia. Not sure if Europe gets it.
    It goes to air in Sydney/Melbourne at 9pm and 11pm.

#18641 Reply

Damian
    Participant

Oh good, so I can tune later tonight and see her. Although I was watching that last night and saw an asian woman with an extremly odd voice.

#18642 Reply

skyspy
    Participant

Theres plenty of odd voiced presenters on CNN , i wish Barbara Serra would move there , she’d fit in.

Anjali already looks a cut above some of the presenters around her . I want CNN to change their schedule and give us more of cnn today , who wants to watch Larry King or Anderson 360 or whatever it’s called.

#18643 Reply

Damian
    Participant

I caught Anjali on CNN earlier today, I must say, she is looking and doing well

#18644 Reply

MelbourneTV
    Participant

I agree. I’d rather they kept CNN International free from CNN US programming.

#18645 Reply

Musey
    Participant

when exactly is anjali on at the moment? can never seem to catch her as it is :S

#18646 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

With the confirmaton of Anjali Rao moving to CNN Asia service in Hong Kong – http://newsforums.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=1555 – I thought it worth posting a final adieu from the unofficial Anjali Rao fanclub

No doubt Indomedia, AnjaliWOW and other early and more recent posters on this thread will be sad to see Anjali leave Sky UK to go back to Hong Kong.

Sadly as a UK Freeview viewer, we do not get any CNN services – so it is Cnn.com video I guess – or get Cable or Sky for their CNN service ?!

Note for psameers – don’t forget you can get Sky news online streaming some of the time from http://www.solent.tv when sky News is on their schedule.

Goodbye Anjali from your UK fans for the moment… come back soon!

Cheers, Phae.

#18647 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

Actually you can see her every weekday night from around midnight onwards on channel 513 on sky,the cnn channel,they show some stuff from the states like the larry king show and then go to the normal news which alternates between the US studio and the Hong Kong studio where Anjali does the breakfast show.its the usual 2 presenters behind a desk setup and no roaming around a studio and she wears the same stuff as when she was on sky.Heres a few caps from last week to prove it!

#18648 Reply

guvnorgaz
    Participant

she is on around midnight UK time which is early morning in HK.CNN keeps switching from HK to US so shes not on all the time but you see enough to keep you happy!

#18649 Reply

Framescourer
    Participant

Ms Rou has always been a favourite of ours. We remember with affection the all female tri-anchored edition of Sky News in the afternoon last year. We’re sorry that’s she’s going to CNN and wish her well.

http://www.makingthenews.org.uk

#18650 Reply

Johnnie
    Keymaster

What’s Anjali up to these days? we’re getting a lot of site activity for Anjali today.

Viewing 25 posts - 201 through 225 (of 244 total)
Reply To: Anjali Rao
Your information: