Anjali Rao

Forums Forums TV Newsroom Anjali Rao

This topic contains 243 replies, has 42 voices, and was last updated by  FandaGeteKath 7 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 244 total)
  • Author

Forum Member
    Participant

Boy, she really is frugal with her wardrobe budget! I remember that outfit from the Star News days, it was one of the ‘Big 3’. But it seems to have worn well, or perhaps she buys them in bulk. In any event, she looks jaw-dropping as always.

I’ve wasted some of my spare hours setting up a preliminary Anjali Rao website. I even bought a domain name! It’s just in the early stages now, but have a look:

AnjaliRao.com

Johnnie has given me some larger images so I’ll try to work more of those in. Not much ‘content’ though — any ideas? I have to think of something to put in the ‘latest news’ column. Certainly wish there were more biographical information about Ms. Rao out there!

#18448 Reply

jwad
    Participant

hey dude, thats great, u know wot u could do,
    you could try contact ms rao and maybe suggest that she endorse the site and suggest it could boost her popularity and celebrity status?
    who knows if she likes the idea she mite write a weekly diary or something!!
    worth a try maybe?

#18449 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Hello All,
    At last I find something on the net about the gorgeous AnJali Rao, I first noticed her only about 5 or 6 weeks ago on Sky News night time slot 12:00am to 5:30am and I’ve been an absolute fan since, I work nights and have taken to taping her nightly reports to watch at more suitable time. Her slots are midnight Wednesday night through to Sunday morning 6:00am and I’m an addict!! Ok it may sound a bit much to be taping them but I won’t see the lovely AnJali otherwise due to my working hours. My favourite newsreader has always been Emma Crosby from Skynews but now it’s definitely AnJali Rao, she looks gorgeous, she appears human instead of the normal robot like newsreaders you often find and she’s not afraid to smile and laugh while presenting which is so rare and very appealing, it shows a natural and honest approach to her work. I agree with a previous message I read here that my favourite part of her news slot is also her paper reviews because it give her a chance to air her views and humours over certain topics.
    I would love to help anyone set up a website dedicated to the beautiful AnJali Rao, it’s a pity that no pictures are available of her from anywhere other then captured pics from SkyNews slots ( which I can do myself, if anyone is interested! )
    I’m glad to have found this forum and will hope to be a regularly active member, I hope many of you will continue to enter your views here too and that we can continue to increase AnJali’s celebrity status.

#18450 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Just wondering why AnJali wasn’t on her usual slot of Thursday 12-00am to 5-30am this morning? Will she be on tomorrow morning? or any other morning?Anyone with any info please give. I am a big AnJali fan and miss her when she’s not on!
    Thank you!

#18451 Reply

rob237
    Participant

She’s currently jointly presenting the 5pm evening session, Saturday 4th.

#18452 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Thank you rob237, she is now on the 10am to 1pm slot, Happy days again! Although she don’t seem to have a great on screen relationship with the other dude presenting with her. I hope she goes back on the night time slot where she is on her own, much better.

#18453 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Hey Indo – Just had to say WELL DONE and GOOD JOB – that’s an excellent Anjali Rao fan web-site. I’ll try to think of something to contribute soon!

The only bit of latest news I can think of is that they have moved her from overnight to morning slots – according to other threadds I’ve read – but I think she may be on Vacation this/last week and may return later.

I know she was covering other presenters on their Vacation and doing the Live at Five slot with a (awfully rigid) co-presenter and trying to bandy around some humour with the Sports news presenter…. but they are all dim in comparison to her shining star!!!

Well done, anyway – I look froward to contributing!

Cheers, Phaedrus.

#18454 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

AnJali is not on the morning slot, she has however been moved from doing Thursday morning thru to Monday morning to now doing Sunday morning thru to Wednesday morning.
    AnJali is a babe!!

#18455 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

AnjaliWOW+Sep 18 2004, 02:43 AM–>(AnjaliWOW @ Sep 18 2004, 02:43 AM)
    AnJali is not on the morning slot, she has however been moved from doing Thursday morning thru to Monday morning to now doing Sunday morning thru to Wednesday morning.
    AnJali is a babe!!

:huh: shame about the new hair colour!!!

#18456 Reply

Abby
    Participant

I’m sorry, but I must really be missing something. I think Anjali Rao is very beautiful but I think she is probably the weakest of all presenters. Where I live is 3 hours ahead of the UK so when I watch the early morning news before going to work, Anjali is usually on. I saw her once with ‘Breaking News’ and she fluffed her way through it. It was even embarrasing to watch.

Another thing that annoys me is her brief review of the newspapers. As I don’t have any opportunity to buy British papers, I love to see what is making the front pages. Unfortunately, Anjali usually gives a long winded account of some obscure story in the middle of the Daily Mail, leaving no time to show any other paper.

(By the way, does anyone know why the Sky News web site only shows the papers from Monday to Saturday, but not Sunday’s papers?).

#18457 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

AnJali is a babe!!

#18458 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Abby+Sep 25 2004, 06:55 PM–>(Abby @ Sep 25 2004, 06:55 PM)
    I’m sorry, but I must really be missing something. I think she is probably the weakest of all presenters. . I saw her once with ‘Breaking News’ and she fluffed her way through it.

some obscure story in the middle of the Daily Mail, leaving no time to show any other paper.

(By the way, does anyone know why the Sky News web site only shows the papers from Monday to Saturday, but not Sunday’s papers?).

Abby – I sort of agree – but that’s the charm! From other threads I’ve read here, handling ‘Breaking News’ seems to be a different special skill at which other presenters excel.

The paper review – while I know what you mean, my take on it is that AnJali does do the headlines and sometimes focuses on that – but I think she also tries to give some other news to lighten the gloom, so often picks a funny or interesting one fomr the middle pages of the tabloids: Mail, Express, etc.!

(My aside question wouldis how do anJali andher colleagues cope with the hours of boredom of repeating the same news stories on the reel over and over again…)

As for why they don’t the Sunday papers: my satirical response would be because News International may not own the Sunday Editions (e.g. Daily Telegrpaho vs. Sunday Telegraph! … But actually, if what you say is true, I have no idea – other than the Sundays often are books, not papers, and have a more encyclopedic coverage , with less headlines.

Cheers, P.

#18459 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

AnjaliWOW+Sep 25 2004, 08:57 PM–>(AnjaliWOW @ Sep 25 2004, 08:57 PM)
    AnJali is a babe!!

1. According to this thread http://skynewsforums.co.uk//index.php?showtopic=454
    there are 3 presenters who lurk on these forums.

Hey AnjaliWow – you’re not AnJali are you ?!?!? Drumming-up your own fan base…

2. Can we remove that picture of AnJali in this thread please (post a less wide one – it is making all the text pages too wide for my browser/screen!!!

4. Is it me: when I joined this site all the threads seeemd to be about journalism, coverage, or programmes, coverage, schedules, standards. But since a few of us started posting / replying about the attractions of Ms. Rao, all the threads are now: “so-and-so has nice hair” , or “she has great legs”, or “why does she dress down”…, e.g. today’s hot threads:

Anjali Rao
    Juliet Fosters Hair
    Shelia Jansen
    Jo Wheeler
    Does Paula Midhurst Look Sexy With Glasses
    Presenters

… Who said dumbing down on TV was such a bad thing ?!

Cheers, P.

#18460 Reply

Forum Member
    Participant

Abby+Sep 25 2004, 06:55 PM–>(Abby @ Sep 25 2004, 06:55 PM)
    I’m sorry, but I must really be missing something. I think Anjali Rao is very beautiful but I think she is probably the weakest of all presenters. Where I live is 3 hours ahead of the UK so when I watch the early morning news before going to work, Anjali is usually on. I saw her once with ‘Breaking News’ and she fluffed her way through it. It was even embarrasing to watch.

Another thing that annoys me is her brief review of the newspapers. As I don’t have any opportunity to buy British papers, I love to see what is making the front pages. Unfortunately, Anjali usually gives a long winded account of some obscure story in the middle of the Daily Mail, leaving no time to show any other paper.

“I saw her once with ‘Breaking News’ and she fluffed her way through it. It was even embarrasing to watch.”

That is true, also noted she had a problem with live interviews, when she was on during the day one Sunday. She does, however, have a wonderful speaking voice and good expression reading the from her screen! right now she seems restricted to the late shift. She is very beautiful indeed, she had that x factor look, with great eyes, nice lips and thick black hair, but why now those horid blond highlights, she seems to be going down hill!!! Shame thought she was Sky’s new star presenter.

Poor thing, hope she does not read this – if so sorry – but please get rid of that new hair, it’s not you!

#18461 Reply

Abby
    Participant

Phaedrusuk, thank you so much for clearing up the confusion for me regarding my computer screen on this topic. I couldn’t understand why all the script didn’t fit on my little laptop. I had no idea that it was due to the picture of Anjali a few posts ago. I’m not technically savvy at all. I’m just about able to post/reply!

#18462 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

:rolleyes: Abby, sorry about the picture I posted of the gorgeous AnJali, didn’t realize it was screwing up your screen, and to everyone else too.

No by the way I am not AnJali Just a big, big fan!
    Wonder which Sky presenters survey this forum?
    Hello!

I don’t see anything wrong with AnJali’s hair, looks damn sexy to me B)

#18463 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Abby – It’s my pleasure, anything else, just ask… you’re doing fine by me.

AnjaliWOW- thanks mate for removing that wide one – saves me scrolling right to read all the text now!

So how about this less-wide picture instead… just so we don’t forget

#18464 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Just to add, if anybody has seen a very interesting documentary about “the most attractive people” – scientists believe the golden ratio (1:1.618) which appeals to our brains, is built into the most attractive faces – e.g. ratio of width of nose to width of top lip. Many of the world’s most attractive people closely match the grid – even with different faces.

A scientist Dr. Stephen Marquardt has created a grid of the “perfect face”. I think AnJali may fit it quite closely – it’s all in the suare jawbone structure, if you ask me!

Golden ration Beauty Mask:
    http://www.beautyanalysis.com/images/RFMask_printable.jpg

‘Hope this isn’t too obsessive. So do you think Anjali or other presenters closely fit this ?

from BBC Three programme:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/tv/magic_number.shtml

Also:
    http://pass.maths.org.uk/issue22/features/golden/

#18465 Reply

Hello
    Participant

AnjaliWOW+Sep 28 2004, 08:57 PM–>(AnjaliWOW @ Sep 28 2004, 08:57 PM)

Wonder which Sky presenters survey this forum?
    Hello!

Alas, no I don’t work for Skynews. Unless of course you know something I don’t. Come to think of it I could do with a payrise. Im just a big fan of quite a few of the female presenters (past and present) who appear on the channel. Anjali Rao , Karin Giannone, Julie Etchingham, Lisa Burke, Natasha Kaplinski, Steff Gaulter to name but a few. They are “GORGEOUS”.
    :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

#18466 Reply

Abby
    Participant

AnjaliWOW and Phaedrusuk, thank you both so much for your help. Hope I won’t be a novice at this much longer! I’m trying to learn, honest.

Those pictures of Anjali show how stunningly beautiful she is. With time, I hope she will develop a more relaxed style of broadcasting, although with a bit more authority. (Does that sound daft? I’m not in the broadcasting business but I know what I like when it comes to delivery of the news.)

Cheers

Abby

#18467 Reply

phaedrusuk
    Participant

Abby+Sep 29 2004, 04:55 PM–>(Abby @ Sep 29 2004, 04:55 PM)
    AnjaliWOW and Phaedrusuk, thank you both so much for your help. Hope I won’t be a novice at this much longer! I’m trying to learn, honest.

Those pictures of Anjali show how stunningly beautiful she is. With time, I hope she will develop a more relaxed style of broadcasting, although with a bit more authority. (Does that sound daft? I’m not in the broadcasting business but I know what I like when it comes to delivery of the news.)

Cheers

Abby

I don’t know what you’re apologising for Abby – you seem to be doing fine to me with your posts and replies !

I think AnJali has a very clear authoritative presentation of the news. Although I haven’t seen her recently; seems to have moved to times I’m not watching

She always seems very relaxed to me – more so than some of the “over-formal” presenters I’ve seen who are trying to be “professional” but just come across as “automatons” to me.

I like the way AnJali puts across some of her personality with reading the news – but without distracting from the content of the news item.

I will grant you that her handling of Breaking News is not as good as others – but seeing her wing it on the fly, when you’re vouching for her to succeed, is all part of the fun!

I just don’t know how they manage to keep going for hours, repeating the same stories again and again. rolling news is OK, but with very few new items being added each hour, the repeat count gets very high, introducing and saying the same things, for the same items over and over. I think that’s when the glamour of the job must lose its sheen… :blink:

Still, they get well-paid for it, from what I can gather on threads I’ve read around here ? Are they all on ?100K+ per year, yes ? I was thinking of starting a new thread on here: “How much do Sky News Presenters earn ?” – and people could post wha they guess/know individual presenters earn – I bet they’re not all on the same packages! But I’ll let somebody else ask that one!

Cheers, P.

#18468 Reply

Hello
    Participant

phaedrusuk+Oct 1 2004, 07:48 PM–>(phaedrusuk @ Oct 1 2004, 07:48 PM)

I think AnJali has a very clear authoritative presentation of the news. Although I haven’t seen her recently; seems to have moved to times I’m not watching

Anjali was on at 8pm tonight reading the headlines before the Bush/Kerry highlights from their Presidential election debate. She seems to be working her way around the schedules. About time. The next newsreader who needs to start working her way around the schedules to brighten them up is Karin Giannone.

#18469 Reply

DDP
    Participant

Damn, she looks gooooooooooooooooooooooood tonight

#18470 Reply

AnjaliWOW
    Participant

Anjali looking gorgeous tonight as usual!! Phwoar!!!

#18471 Reply

Newsroom
    Participant

AnJali is a MEMBER of this forum !!!!!!!

Viewing 25 posts - 26 through 50 (of 244 total)
Reply To: Anjali Rao
Your information: